Project Runway has stirred up a bunch of drama with their new promotional image for season 12. However, I think most of the buzz is for the wrong reasons. Sure, the ad is risque, but its far more idiotic than it is provocative.
I have a few questions:
- Why is Heidi dressed as shabby chic Marie Antoinette?
- Also, why are the naked people worshiping her?
- Do they hope she will give them clothes? (Because I’m not so sure Marie Antoinette would help them.)
- Why is Tim some sort of needle-bearing footman?
- What is this supposed to tell me about the new season? Is it Project Runway: Historical Figures? Maybe Project Runway: Ostentatious Rooms That Become Clothes? Or Project Runway: Who Cares About Fashion; Give Us Drama?
- Have the designers of this ad ever watched Project Runway?
- Isn’t Tim usually very concerned about sending models down the runway naked?
- Is this actually a depiction of Tim Gunn’s worst nightmare in which he is a slave to Heidi and has to fend off angry, naked models seeking revenge for being forced to wear bikinis made of washers and twine?
- Do we need to rescue Tim?